- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sugar Dusted Bars Recipe
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Flour||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs), sifted|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Orange rind||2 Teaspoon, grated|
|Seedless raisins||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cooked dried apricots||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Cooked prunes||1 Cup (16 tbs), pitted and chopped|
|Walnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Confectioners sugar||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 758 Calories from Fat 177
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g32%
Saturated Fat 2.8 g14%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 158.6 mg
Sodium 401.9 mg16.7%
Total Carbohydrates 138 g45.8%
Dietary Fiber 6.4 g25.4%
Sugars 85.2 g
Protein 15 g29.2%
Vitamin A 20.6% Vitamin C 15.3%
Calcium 18% Iron 24.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 300°F.
2. Beat eggs lightly. Add sugar gradually and beat to a light colored thick mixture.
3. Sieve flour along with baking powder, cinnamon, allspice and salt and fold into the egg mixture slowly.
4. Fold in the raisins, prunes, walnuts, apricots and rind.
5. Take a 9” X 14” pan, grease it and pour in the mixture.
6. Bake for 40 minutes and cool.
7. Make into squares or bars, roll in the confectioners' sugar and serve.