- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sugar Cookies Recipe
|Sugar||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Crisco||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Flour||3 Cup (48 tbs), sifted|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3752 Calories from Fat 1373
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 150 g231.2%
Saturated Fat 38 g190%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 424.5 mg
Sodium 2881.1 mg120%
Total Carbohydrates 541 g180.2%
Dietary Fiber 10.1 g40.6%
Sugars 253 g
Protein 52 g103.6%
Vitamin A 10% Vitamin C
Calcium 86.7% Iron 113.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 375° Fahrenheit.
2. In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking powder, and salt; keep aside.
3. In a large mixer bowl, cream together sugar, Crisco, eggs, milk, and vanilla.
4. Stir in flour mixture into the egg mixture to make a dough.
5. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into 1 1/8 inch thickness.
6. Using a cookie cutter, cut out cookies and place on a cookie sheet.
7. Bake in preheated oven for 8 to 10 minutes until cookies are lightly browned.
8. Immediately remove cookies from sheet and sprinkle sugar, if desired.
9. Serve warm Sugar Cookies.