- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sugar and Spice Fritters Recipe
|Plain flour||4 Ounce|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Brown sugar||4 Tablespoon|
|Ground cloves/Cinnamon||1 1⁄2 Pinch|
|Cooking apples||4 Small|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1119 Calories from Fat 198
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g34.6%
Saturated Fat 4.2 g21.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 211.5 mg
Sodium 345.7 mg14.4%
Total Carbohydrates 222 g74.1%
Dietary Fiber 12.7 g50.6%
Sugars 116.4 g
Protein 14 g28.3%
Vitamin A 9.3% Vitamin C 32%
Calcium 6.9% Iron 10.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Peel and core the apples and cut into slices 1/3 in. thick.
2) In a basin, sift flour and salt, make hollow in centre and drop in egg yolk and olive oil.
3) Make to a smooth batter about the consistency of single cream with the cider.
4) Fold in the stiffly whisked egg white just before using.
5) Mix the sugar and spice, peel and core the apples and cut into slices 1/3 in. thick.
6) Dip first into the sugar, coating evenly and then into the batter.
7) Fry until crisp and brown on first side, turn.
8) Drain on kitchen paper.
9) Let the fritters cool, pack and freeze.
10) Mixing the batter with cider instead of milk gives a very crisp, slightly sweet batter.
11) Serve the sugar and spice fritters either as snacks or after meals.