- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sugar and Spice Doughnuts Recipe
|Strong flour||8 Ounce|
|Yeast||1⁄2 Ounce, dried|
|Red jam||1 Tablespoon|
|Cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
Calories 175 Calories from Fat 49
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g8.6%
Saturated Fat 3.2 g16.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 34.1 mg
Sodium 37.6 mg1.6%
Total Carbohydrates 28 g9.3%
Dietary Fiber 0.82 g3.3%
Sugars 10 g
Protein 3 g6.8%
Vitamin A 3.5% Vitamin C 0.23%
Calcium 1.8% Iron 6.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a warm mixing basin sieve flour and salt.
2) Cut in butter and rub with the mixture.
3) Stir in fresh yeast with warm milk.
4) To dissolve dried yeast dissolve a teaspoon of sugar in lukewarm water and sprinkle yeast over it.
5) Let stand in warm place for about 10 minutes until frothy.
6) Add yeast mixture into the centre of dry ingredients lightly. Make into a soft dough.
7) Mix with hand and place on a clean, working surface and knead for 2-3 minutes.
8) Cover and set aside in a warm place until double in size.
9) Turn the dough out on to a lightly-floured working surface and knead lightly.
10) Divide into ten equal parts. Make into balls.
11) Flatten with hands and fill 1/2 teaspoon red jam in the centre of each piece.
12) Gather edges over the jam, pinch edges to seal and turn on to greased and floured baking tray.
13) Leave in warm place, cover with a cloth until puffy.
14) In skillet heat deep fat and fry doughnuts. Turn them and fry for 5 minutes.
15) Drain and dredge in mixed sugar and cinnamon.
16) Serve hot.