- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sufferin' Succotash! Recipe Video
|Yellow onion||1 Medium, chop|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crush|
|Olive oil/Butter||1 Tablespoon|
|Zucchini||1 Medium, roughly chopped|
|Yellow squash||1 Large, roughly chopped|
|Calabacitas squash||1 Medium, chop|
|Red bell pepper||1 Medium|
|Green chili/Canned green chili||6 Medium|
|Musso's sweetcorn||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cheddar cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), grated|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Pepper||1 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Green onion||1 Bunch (100 gm), minced|
|Chicken stock/Vegetable stock||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 419 Calories from Fat 155
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g28.9%
Saturated Fat 8.5 g42.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 39 mg
Sodium 788.3 mg32.8%
Total Carbohydrates 49 g16.3%
Dietary Fiber 12 g48.1%
Sugars 20.9 g
Protein 23 g45.3%
Vitamin A 63% Vitamin C 256.7%
Calcium 31.1% Iron 12.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a pan heat some olive oil, and put garlic in it. Sauté.
2. Add onions, cover it with lid and allow it to simmer, over medium heat for 3-5 minutes.
3. Throw chopped vegetables and stir. Add jalapeno in the pot, and sauté until they soften.
4. Put red bell pepper, corn and green chili paste in pan.
5. Pour in stock, cover it with lid and simmer for about five minutes or until they are done.
6. Taste and adjust with sea salt and pepper.
7. Transfer it to a serving tray, sprinkle cheese, butter, and green onion on top.
8. Serve it hot with perfect grilled meat.
You may add any vegetables by add them in the order they cook.
Instead of chicken stock you can also use vegetable stock.