- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pumpkin Succotash Recipe
|Vegetable oil/Butter||2 Tablespoon|
|Onions||2 , cut into 1/8 ths|
|Carrot||1 , cut into finger thick slices|
|Bell peppers||2 , chopped coarsely|
|Ripe tomatoes||6 (Whole / Chopped)|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm)|
|Corn cobs||2 , cut crosswise into slices two fingers thick|
|Turnip||1 , peeled and chopped|
|Pumpkin chunks/Squash chunks||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Ground pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Cider/Stock / water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
Calories 453 Calories from Fat 85
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15%
Saturated Fat 1.4 g6.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 578.6 mg24.1%
Total Carbohydrates 91 g30.3%
Dietary Fiber 12.4 g49.8%
Sugars 40.7 g
Protein 11 g22.6%
Vitamin A 193.8% Vitamin C 279.3%
Calcium 12.1% Iron 20.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a small bowl, combine all seasonings and set it aside.
2) In a large saucepan, add oil to heat up over high heat.
3) Add onions to sauté for 30 seconds and then stir in carrots, squash and turnip over high heat. Keep on stirring the vegetables thoroughly from bottom to up to evenly coat with heated oil.
4) Add the seasonings and mix all together, keeping the heat high.
5) Pour the cider or stock and bring it to a boil.
6) Stir in corn, tomatoes and broccoli into the liquid. Cover the pan with a lid and let it boil for another 6 minutes. Occasionally check the status, while cooking to add more liquid.
7) Ladle the stew in bowls and serve hot.