- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Stuffed Sea Bass Recipe
|Dressed sea bass||4 Pound|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Celery||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), diced|
|Onion||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Bay leaf||1 , crumbled|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Soft bread crumbs||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
Calories 799 Calories from Fat 297
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 34 g51.7%
Saturated Fat 17.2 g85.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 246.4 mg
Sodium 1388.4 mg57.9%
Total Carbohydrates 31 g10.4%
Dietary Fiber 3.3 g13%
Sugars 5.4 g
Protein 89 g177.2%
Vitamin A 48% Vitamin C 27.4%
Calcium 16.9% Iron 21.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Thaw frozen fish.
3. Wash and pat dry before cooking.
4. Add 1 teaspoon salt inside the body cavity of the fish.
5. In a skillet, take 1/3 cup butter or margarine and cook celery, onion, garlic, and bay leaf until the vegetables are soft.
6. Add salt, breadcrumbs, parsley, rosemary, and pepper to the vegetables and toss lightly.
7. In a well-greased baking pan, arrange the fish.
8. Stuff the bread mixture loosely into the body cavity of the fish.
9. Apply the remaining butter or margarine over the fish.
10. Place the pan in the oven and bake for 45-60 minutes until the fish flakes with ease.
11. Serve hot.