- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Stuffed Whole Cabbage Recipe
|Salt||2 1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Luncheon meat||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Luncheon meat||1 Cup (16 tbs), finely chopped|
|American cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), shredded|
|American cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), finely chopped|
|Onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Bread crumbs||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Tomatoes||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), diced|
|Tomatoes||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Butter||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon, melted|
|Butter||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
Calories 441 Calories from Fat 252
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28 g43.4%
Saturated Fat 16.2 g80.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 92.3 mg
Sodium 846.7 mg35.3%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g5.9%
Dietary Fiber 5.3 g21.2%
Sugars 8.5 g
Protein 31 g61.9%
Vitamin A 32.4% Vitamin C 114%
Calcium 40.1% Iron 7.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a kettle, add the whole cabbage with 1 teaspoon salt.
2) Add boiling water to cover the cabbage.
3) Boil for 30 minutes, till crisp-tender.
4) Remove from the water and drain well.
5) Slice off the top and carefully scoop out the inside, leaving 1 1/2-inch shell.
6) Place the shell in a casserole.
7) Shred enough of the cabbage center to measure 1 cup.
8) Mix together the shredded cabbage, meat, cheese, onion, 1/2 cup bread crumbs, milk, 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper.
9) Mix well and spoon into the cabbage shell.
10) Combine together the tomatoes, 3/4 cup water and the remaining salt.
11) Pour into a casserole around the cabbage.
12) Place a lid over.
13) Place in the oven at 350 degrees and bake for 1 hour.
14) Mix together the remaining bread crumbs and butter.
15) Take the casserole out of oven and sprinkle with the crumbs.
16) Bake again for another 15 minutes, till the crumbs brown.
17) Serve with pan drippings.