- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Stuffed Whole Cabbage Recipe
|Salt||2 1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Luncheon meat||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Luncheon meat||1 Cup (16 tbs), finely chopped|
|American cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), shredded|
|American cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), finely chopped|
|Onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Bread crumbs||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Tomatoes||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), diced|
|Tomatoes||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Butter||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon, melted|
|Butter||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
Calories 472 Calories from Fat 293
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 33 g50.4%
Saturated Fat 17.2 g85.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 126.2 mg42.1%
Sodium 1455.3 mg60.6%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g6.1%
Dietary Fiber 5.3 g21.2%
Sugars 8.5 g
Protein 29 g57.4%
Vitamin A 32.4% Vitamin C 114%
Calcium 40.5% Iron 12.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a kettle, add the whole cabbage with 1 teaspoon salt.
2) Add boiling water to cover the cabbage.
3) Boil for 30 minutes, till crisp-tender.
4) Remove from the water and drain well.
5) Slice off the top and carefully scoop out the inside, leaving 1 1/2-inch shell.
6) Place the shell in a casserole.
7) Shred enough of the cabbage center to measure 1 cup.
8) Mix together the shredded cabbage, meat, cheese, onion, 1/2 cup bread crumbs, milk, 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper.
9) Mix well and spoon into the cabbage shell.
10) Combine together the tomatoes, 3/4 cup water and the remaining salt.
11) Pour into a casserole around the cabbage.
12) Place a lid over.
13) Place in the oven at 350 degrees and bake for 1 hour.
14) Mix together the remaining bread crumbs and butter.
15) Take the casserole out of oven and sprinkle with the crumbs.
16) Bake again for another 15 minutes, till the crumbs brown.
17) Serve with pan drippings.