- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Stuffed Squash Recipe
|Sweet corn||2 Can (20 oz)|
|Cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 563 Calories from Fat 242
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28 g42.7%
Saturated Fat 15.9 g79.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 76.1 mg25.4%
Sodium 690 mg28.7%
Total Carbohydrates 61 g20.2%
Dietary Fiber 9.6 g38.5%
Sugars 13.1 g
Protein 29 g58.4%
Vitamin A 36.9% Vitamin C 78.5%
Calcium 55.4% Iron 14.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Lengthwise cut the squash and using a spoon remove pips.
3. In a saucepan of boiling water, place the squash and cook for 10 minutes.
4. Remove squash from hot water and season the inner side with salt and paprika.
5. Stuff the squash with sweet corn and cover top with cheese.
6. Place them over baking sheet and bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes until the squash is very tender.
7. Serve stuffed squash hot with green peas and mashed potatoes.
Same method can be used for stuffing green peppers, eggplant and cucumbers.
Stuffing can be changed from sweet corn to chopped onion.