- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Stuffed Beets Recipe
|Sharp cheese||6 Tablespoon|
|Dry bread crumbs||2 Tablespoon|
|Sour cream||2 Tablespoon|
|Pickle relish||1 Tablespoon|
|Monosodium glutamate||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|White wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 338 Calories from Fat 121
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g22%
Saturated Fat 8.2 g41%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 38.6 mg
Sodium 825.5 mg34.4%
Total Carbohydrates 43 g14.4%
Dietary Fiber 11.5 g45.8%
Sugars 28.4 g
Protein 11 g22%
Vitamin A 11.7% Vitamin C 32.8%
Calcium 18.8% Iron 19.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to 350° F (moderate).
2) Take a pan and cook beets in it until tender.
3) Cool and remove skin carefully.
4) Scoop out the centers, leaving a shell.
5) Take a bowl and combine cheese, beets pulp, bread crumbs, cream, seasonings and pickle relish in it.
6) Stuff beets with the mixture.
7) Place the stuffed beets on a shallow greased baking dish.
8) Brush with butter and bake, uncovered, for about 15-20 minutes. Keep basting occasionally with butter-wine mixture.
9) Serve Stuffed Beets hot.