- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Stuffed Zucchini Appetizer Recipe
|Zucchini||12 Small (Each, About 4 Inch Long)|
|Onion||1 Large, finely chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), finely chopped|
|French dressing||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Or Use As Required)|
|Lettuce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Or Use As Required)|
|Tomatoes||3 , peeled and chopped|
|Green pepper||1 , finely chopped|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
Calories 220 Calories from Fat 76
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g13.4%
Saturated Fat 1.2 g6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 325.3 mg13.6%
Total Carbohydrates 34 g11.3%
Dietary Fiber 9.8 g39.1%
Sugars 17.9 g
Protein 9 g17.8%
Vitamin A 171.4% Vitamin C 246.6%
Calcium 15.4% Iron 18.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a saucepan, place unpeeled zucchini in salted water.
2) Place the saucepan, over reduced heat to simmer the zucchini for about 5 minutes.
3) Cut the zucchini in half slices along the length. Scrape out the seeds.
4) In a flat dish, arrange the zucchini to cut sides up.
5) In a bowl, combine half the onion with the garlic.
6) Spread the mixture over the zucchini.
7) Sprinkle half the French dressing over the mixture.
8) Cover with aluminum foil and place inside refrigerator to marinate for at least 4 hours.
9) Remove onion and garlic and drain off marinade, just before serving.
10) In a bowl, combine the remaining French dressing combined with remaining onion and tomatoes, green pepper, capers, parsley, basil, salt and pepper, to taste.
11) Place the zucchini halves on crisp lettuce leaves. Fill the hollow parts with the French dressing mixture to serve.