- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Stuffed Zucchini Recipe
|Squash zucchini||6 Medium|
|Soft bread crumbs||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), grated|
|Onion||1 Small, chopped finely|
|Parsley||3 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Eggs||2 , well-beaten|
|Butter||1⁄4 Pound (1 Stick)|
Calories 291 Calories from Fat 178
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g31.2%
Saturated Fat 11.8 g59.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 116.8 mg38.9%
Sodium 658.6 mg27.4%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.7%
Dietary Fiber 3.1 g12.3%
Sugars 5.1 g
Protein 10 g19.1%
Vitamin A 31.4% Vitamin C 68.7%
Calcium 18.8% Iron 13%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 350° F.
2) Rinse the zucchini thoroughly and chop off the ends.
3) In a pan, boil the zucchini in salted water for 5 minutes.
4) Halve the zucchini lengthwise and gently scoop out the pulp with a spoon.
5) In a bowl, combine the pulp with bread crumbs, grated cheese, onion, parsley, salt, pepper and eggs, mix thoroughly.
6) Spoon the mixture into zucchini shells, dot with the butter and sprinkle with some more cheese.
7) In a well greased shallow pan, arrange the zucchini and bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
8) Serve the Stuffed Zucchini, immediately on a serving platter.