- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Stuffed Vegetables with Rice Recipe Video
|Zucchini||3 Medium, scoop|
|Baby eggplant||3 Medium, scoop|
|English peppers||1 Medium, scoop|
|Tomato||1 Medium, scoop|
|Rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Tomato paste||4 Tablespoon, divided|
|Onions||1⁄2 Small, chop|
|Fresh mint leaves||2 Tablespoon, chop|
|Fresh parsley||2 Tablespoon, chop|
|Tomatoes||1 Medium, chop|
|Hot green pepper||2 Tablespoon, chop|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Nutmeg powder||To Taste|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 342 Calories from Fat 78
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g13.6%
Saturated Fat 1.4 g6.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 142.2 mg5.9%
Total Carbohydrates 61 g20.3%
Dietary Fiber 10.5 g41.9%
Sugars 11.4 g
Protein 9 g17.6%
Vitamin A 44.5% Vitamin C 164.3%
Calcium 9.7% Iron 16.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedPot
1. Chop onion, mint leaves, parsley, tomatoes and green pepper, set aside.
2. Scoop the eggplant, zucchini, tomato and English green pepper set aside.
3. In a pot sauté the onions and tomatoes in olive oil for some time.
4. Add the rice, parsley, mint leaves, hot peppers, tomato paste and other spices.
5. Add water and cook the rice.
6. Fill the zucchini, eggplant, green pepper and tomato with the rice mixture and cover the opening with a small piece of tomato.
7. In a pan, put the stuffed vegetables and add water to it. Spread tomato sauce on top and cook until the vegetables are soft and cooked.
8. Serve with steamed rice of flat bread.