- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Stuffed Vegetables Middle Eastern Style Recipe
|Beefsteak tomatoes||4 Large|
|Courgettes||4 Medium (Zucchini)|
|Cracked wheat||8 Ounce (225 Gram)|
|Red onion||1 Medium|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped coriander||2 Tablespoon (Cilantro)|
|Mint||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Cumin seeds||2 Teaspoon|
Calories 331 Calories from Fat 52
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.2%
Saturated Fat 0.87 g4.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 147.9 mg6.2%
Total Carbohydrates 65 g21.6%
Dietary Fiber 17.3 g69.3%
Sugars 11.7 g
Protein 13 g25%
Vitamin A 60.3% Vitamin C 204.5%
Calcium 12.5% Iron 27.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6.
2) Cut the tomatoes tops and reserve. Then remove, chop the tomato pulp and put in a bowl. Sprinkle the tomato shells with salt and papper, place them upside down over a kitchen paper.
3) Trim and cut the courgettes lengthwise. Then finely chop the flesh and combine to the tomato pulp. Sprinkle the courgettes shells with salt and pepper and keep aside.
4) Halve, deseed and cut the peppers. Season the pepper shells with salt and pepper.
5) Soak the cracked wheat as per the packet instructions. Then chop the cucumber finely and combine with the reserved tomato pulp and courgette mixture.
6) Chop the red onion finely then stir into to the vegetable mixture alongwith the lemon juice, herbs, olive oil, cumin and seasoning.
7) Combine the wheat with the vegetables and spoon into the tomato, courgette and pepper shells, keep the tops on the tomatoes
8) In a roasting tin, place the stuffed tomatoes, courgettes and peppers and bake for 20-25 minutes until cooked. Drain them well.
9) Serve in a nice plate.