- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Stuffed Vegetable Marrow Recipe
|Vegetable marrow||1 Small|
|Meat||4 Ounce, cooked, minced (Dark, White Or Ham)|
|Finely chopped onion||2 Teaspoon|
|Pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon (Mixture Of White And Cayenne)|
|Browned crumbs||1 Tablespoon (For Coating)|
|Drippings||2 Ounce (For Coating)|
Calories 291 Calories from Fat 204
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g35.8%
Saturated Fat 11 g55.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 66 mg
Sodium 1149.3 mg47.9%
Total Carbohydrates 12 g3.9%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g6.7%
Sugars 5.9 g
Protein 9 g18.4%
Vitamin A 4.2% Vitamin C 44.3%
Calcium 6.6% Iron 6.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven hot to 400°.
2. Clean and peel marrow. Cut lengthways and remove seeds.
3. In a saucepan steam the marrow for 15-20 mins until cooked but not tender.
4. In a pan melt butter and fry onions and the chopped mushrooms in it.
5. Stir in breadcrumbs, cooked meat, seasoning and egg.
6. Spoon the mixture into hollows in the marrow halves and keep one on top of another.
7. In a baking tin heat the dripping.
8. Arrange marrow in it, baste and sprinkle with crumbs.
9. Bake in oven for 30 mins.
10. Serve with a piquante sauce.