- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Stuffed Veal Breast Recipe
|Veal breast||5 Pound|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Raw brown rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Brown rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Medium, finely chopped|
|Poultry seasoning||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, minced|
|Orange rind||1 Teaspoon, grated|
|Raisins||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), seedless|
|Seedless raisins||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
Calories 990 Calories from Fat 555
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 62 g95%
Saturated Fat 23.1 g115.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 268.4 mg
Sodium 759.5 mg31.6%
Total Carbohydrates 35 g11.8%
Dietary Fiber 2.3 g9.2%
Sugars 7.4 g
Protein 69 g138.5%
Vitamin A 8.7% Vitamin C 17.7%
Calcium 6.2% Iron 18.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 300°F.
2. Get a large pocket in the side of the veal breast cut by the butcher.
3. With moist paper towels wipe the veal, sprinkle salt over the surface of the meat as well as in the pocket and set aside.
4. Rinse the brown rice.
5. In a 2-quart saucepan, bring 3 cups of water to a boil and simmer the rinsed brown rice along with 1 teaspoon of salt with cover over medium heat for 25-30 minutes such that the rice is almost tender.
6. Remove from heat, drain, cool and keep aside.
7. In the empty pan saute the chopped onion in the oil such that tender but not brown for about 5 minutes and remove from heat.
8. In a mixing bowl, mix the cooked rice, sauteed onion, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, poultry seasoning, minced parsley, orange rind and raisins thoroughly balancing the seasoning.
9. With the stuffing fill the pocket in the veal breast and close the pocket with a skewer or heavy, round toothpicks.
10. In a shallow roasting pan place breast rib side down and brush with oil.
11. Bake in the preheated oven for 2 1/2 to 3 hours such that tender, basting occasionally with accumulated liquid such that without cover the veal should brown nicely during baking.
12. Serve as desired.