- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Stuffed Turnips Recipe
|Turnips||32 Ounce (4 Medium Sized, 8 Ounce Each)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cubed fully cooked ham||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Shredded cheddar cheese||2 Ounce (1/2 Cup)|
Calories 157 Calories from Fat 60
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g10.4%
Saturated Fat 3.7 g18.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 68.1 mg
Sodium 262.1 mg10.9%
Total Carbohydrates 15 g5%
Dietary Fiber 4.2 g16.7%
Sugars 8.8 g
Protein 10 g20%
Vitamin A 5.3% Vitamin C 79.4%
Calcium 17.6% Iron 5.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. With a sharp knife, peel the skin of the turnips.
2. Cut off an a slice from the bottoms so that they can sit when placed in a dish.
3. In a bowl, add the egg, ham, cheese, and pepper and stir to mix. Keep aside.
4. Take a 8x8x2-inch microwaveable baking dish and arrange the turnips on it.
5. Now pour the water into the dish.
6. Take a sheer vented plastic wrap used for oven cooking and cover the dish with it.
7. In the microwave, cook the turnips on 100 per cent power or High for 14 to 16 minutes or till tender,, rearranging the turnips once in between.
8. Take the dish out of the microwave and remove the wrap.
9. Drain the turnips.
10. With a scooping knife, scoop out the centers of the turnips, leaving a 1/4-inch-thick shell.
11. With a knife, chop finely the scooped out flesh to fill 1 cup.
12. Add the chopped turnip to the ham mixture and mix well.
13. With a spoon, stuff the turnip shells with the mixture.
14. Place the turnips back in the baking dish.
15. Take a sheer vented plastic wrap used for oven cooking and cover the dish with it.
16. Place the dish in the microwave and cook on High for 2 to 4 minutes, till the filling is heated through.
17. Serve hot as a side dish.