- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Bacon & Rice Stuffed Trout Recipe
|Cooked rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Raisins||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Parsley/1 1/2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes||1 Tablespoon, snipped|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Dried tarragon leaves||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
Calories 437 Calories from Fat 144
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24.6%
Saturated Fat 2.9 g14.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 133.3 mg
Sodium 153.5 mg6.4%
Total Carbohydrates 22 g7.3%
Dietary Fiber 0.69 g2.8%
Sugars 6.7 g
Protein 49 g98.2%
Vitamin A 9% Vitamin C 11.7%
Calcium 11.2% Iron 25.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. On a microwave grilling rack, arrange the bacon slices.
2. Cover them with double sheets of paper toweling.
3. Microwave on HIGH for just about 4 minutes or until crisp.
4. Place bacon on paper toweling and let cool slightly before crumbling into a bowl.
5. To make the stuffing, to the bacon add the remaining ingredients except the fish.
6. Stuff each fish with about 1/4 of this mixture.
7. Arrange the fish on roasting rack over a microwaveable pan.
8. Use waxed paper to cover the fish. This will help to prevent the fish from drying while cooking.
9. Place in the microwave and set the power at 5
10. Cook the fish for not more than 14 1/2 minutes, turning and rearranging them half way through cooking time, just until fish is flakey when tested with a fork.
11. Allow the fish to stand covered for 2 minutes to absorb the flavors.
12. Serve one fish per serving, accompanying with lemon wedges and a tossed salad if you like.