- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Stuffed Tomatoes Recipe Video
|Parsley bunch||1 Bunch (100 gm), chopped finely|
|Basil leaves||10 Small, chopped finely|
|Scamorza cheese/Provolone cheese||120 Gram, grated|
|Extra virgin olive oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Pecorino cheese||40 Gram, grated|
|Parmesan cheese||40 Gram, grated|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
Calories 224 Calories from Fat 87
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g14.7%
Saturated Fat 3.1 g15.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 12.3 mg4.1%
Sodium 186.1 mg7.8%
Total Carbohydrates 27 g9.1%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.5%
Sugars 3.4 g
Protein 7 g13.8%
Vitamin A 38.5% Vitamin C 45%
Calcium 14.4% Iron 6.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven at 350°F.
2. Cut the tomatoes caps and keep aside until needed.
3. Cut around the perimeter and scoop out the flesh. Hollow out the inside and collect the flesh in this bowl, to use later.
4. Sprinkle salt in the inside of the tomato, and flip it over bottom side up, on a rack to lose the excess water.
5. Blend the tomato pulp in a blender, in the meanwhile boil the rice in salt water, drain it a couple of minutes before the end of cooking, since the rice must be al dente.
6. Saute garlic in a pan with 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil and then add the tomato puree add salt & pepper and finally the chopped parsley and basil. Let the sauce thicken.
7. Combine the mixture with cheese and pepper and drained rice in a separate bowl, mix everything. This is the mixture we'll use to stuff our tomatoes.
8. Fill the tomatoes start with some rice on the bottom and the provolone cheese inside, which has been cut into cubes of about 1/3 oz (10 g) each; cover and arrange them in a deep baking pan.
9. Line a drip pan with parchment paper and arrange the tomato caps on it, drizzle little oil on the bottom, and now I'll drizzle some more on top after that bake the tomatoes bake in the preheated oven for about an hour and put the caps on the rack below, so they'll cook together.
10. Serve each tomato hot, covered with its own cap and a leaf of basil on top.
If you want them crunchier on top, turn on the grill 5 minutes before the end of baking time.