- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Stuffed Tomatoes Recipe
|Onion||1 , peeled and chopped|
|Fresh white breadcrumbs||2 Ounce (1 Level Teacupful)|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Grated cheddar cheese||2 Ounce|
Calories 486 Calories from Fat 298
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 34 g52.1%
Saturated Fat 21 g104.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 91.3 mg
Sodium 403.6 mg16.8%
Total Carbohydrates 36 g11.8%
Dietary Fiber 6.5 g25.8%
Sugars 13.8 g
Protein 13 g25.3%
Vitamin A 95.6% Vitamin C 102.1%
Calcium 31.5% Iron 14.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Wash and slice the tomatoes from the top end. Scoop the seeds using a spoon and take out the core area.
2. Preheat the oven at 400°F.
3. In a baking dish, place the empty tomatoes shells and add 1 tablespoon of water.
4. In a pan, heat oil and fry onions for 5 minutes or until soft. Remove the pan from heat and mix in the mixture breadcrumbs, cheese and parsley.
5. Pour the stuffing in the tomato shells over the top.
6. Place in the preheated oven for 15 minutes.
7. Serve the stuffed tomatoes hot with fried chicken joints and grilled chops.