- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Stuffed Squid Recipe
|Squid||12 Ounce, cleaned|
|Seasoned dried bread crumbs||6 Tablespoon (1/3 Cup Plus 2 Teaspoon)|
|Seasoned bread crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), dried|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Onion||1 Tablespoon, minced|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Fresh parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Oregano leaves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Tomato sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dry red wine||2 Teaspoon|
|Parmesan cheese||2 Teaspoon, grated|
Calories 309 Calories from Fat 63
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g11%
Saturated Fat 2.4 g12.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 505.6 mg
Sodium 942.8 mg39.3%
Total Carbohydrates 23 g7.7%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.2%
Sugars 4.7 g
Protein 35 g69.5%
Vitamin A 23.7% Vitamin C 46%
Calcium 17.9% Iron 18.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 375 degrees.
2) From each squid, remove the tentacles.
3) Turn the body section, mantle, inside out and thoroughly rinse to remove all the grit. Return to the right side.
4) Cut the tentacles neatly into small pieces.
5) Combine together the tentacle pieces, egg, onion, bread and seasonings in a small bowl.
6) Use equal amount of the crumb mixture to stuff each squid.
7) Use tooth picks to secure the open end.
8) Transfer the stuffed squid to a shallow 1-quart casserole.
9) Combine together the tomato sauce and wine in a small bowl and pour the mixture all over the squid.
10) Cover the casserole and bake in preheated oven for about 30 minutes.
11) With cheese, sprinkle the squid.
12) Bake, uncovered, till the sauce slightly reduces and the cheese is golden in color. This usually takes 10 to 15 minutes of baking.
13) Serve hot after garnishing with parsley.