- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Stuffed Squash Curry Recipe Video
|Cooking oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chick pea flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ginger paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground peanuts||2 Tablespoon|
|Sugar||2 Tablespoon (Optional)|
|Coriander and cumin powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Red chili powder||To Taste|
|Turmeric powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Cooking oil||1 Tablespoon (Optional)|
|Coriander leaves||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
Calories 263 Calories from Fat 140
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24.7%
Saturated Fat 2.3 g11.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 128.7 mg5.4%
Total Carbohydrates 26 g8.7%
Dietary Fiber 6.1 g24.4%
Sugars 15.6 g
Protein 7 g14.7%
Vitamin A 18.2% Vitamin C 93.6%
Calcium 6.1% Iron 10.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Peel the squashes, trim the top and bottom edges and cut the marrow part, keep aside. Slit the squashes in a plus sign, keeping last 1 inch joint.
2. In a mixing bowl, mix together all ingredients of the masala, add oil if the mixture in too dry while mixing.
3. In a pressure cooker, heat oil, add the narrow parts of the squash, stuff the squashes with the masala mixture and place into the cooker. Dump in the left over masala.
4. In the same bowl take water and pour into the cooker, pressure cook over medium heat till you hear about 4 to 5 whistles of pressure release, allow the steam to escape.
5. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with rice or roti.