- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Stuffed Squash Casserole Recipe
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Long grain rice||1 Cup (16 tbs), cooked|
|Cottage cheese||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs), pureed|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Fresh parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Chopped fresh parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Basil leaves||1 Teaspoon|
|Zucchini||10 Ounce, sliced lengthwise into 1/8-inch-thick slices (2 Medium Sized, About 5 Ounces Each)|
|American cheese slice||2 Ounce (2 Slices, 1 Ounce Each)|
Calories 331 Calories from Fat 92
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.9%
Saturated Fat 5.2 g25.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 122.8 mg
Sodium 646.2 mg26.9%
Total Carbohydrates 45 g14.8%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5.3%
Sugars 4.6 g
Protein 15 g29.4%
Vitamin A 18.8% Vitamin C 32.5%
Calcium 16.8% Iron 8.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) In a 8 inch non-stick skillet, saute the onion and garlic in the margarine over a medium heat for 1 to 2 minutes, until the onion is softened.
3) In a medium bowl, add the sauted mixture alongwith rest of the ingredients except zucchini and American cheese, mix well.
4) In a 8 x 8 x 2-inch casserole sprayed with non-stick cooking spray, arrange the zucchini slices at the bottom.
5) Evenly spread the cottage cheese mixture over the zucchini and top with American cheese slices.
6) Bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes, until the cheese is melted.
7) Serve immediately on individual serving plates.