- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Stuffed Sausage Dumplings Recipe
|Pastry flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Beef suet||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs), shredded|
|Cold water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Glaze||1 Cup (16 tbs), beaten|
|Sausage meat||1 Pound|
|Prunes||8 , soaked|
Calories 976 Calories from Fat 645
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 71 g109.9%
Saturated Fat 31.4 g157%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 108.8 mg
Sodium 1031.9 mg43%
Total Carbohydrates 62 g20.6%
Dietary Fiber 2.6 g10.3%
Sugars 45.5 g
Protein 21 g41.9%
Vitamin A 3% Vitamin C 1.4%
Calcium 16.4% Iron 9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Mix in the fat with a fork.
3. Add enough cold water to make a pliable dough.
4. Divide dough into 8 equal portions. Roll each portion into a 7-inch round.
5. Chill for 30 minutes.
6. Heat the oven to 375°F.
7. Divide sausage meat into 8 equal portions.
8. Press into flat rounds.
9. Put a dab of hot relish in each prune, reshape and place a prune in the center of each sausage meat round.
10. Mold the sausage meat round the prunes, covering them completely.
11. Place each sausage meat 'ball' in the center of a pastry round. Then mold the pastry closely around the sausage meat balls, pinching the edges together, over the top.
12. Brush the dumplings with beaten egg.
13. Place them on a greased baking tray.
14. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes until cooked through and golden. Serve hot as a brunch or supper dish, or cool to use in packed meals.