- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Stuffed Roasted Onions Recipe Video
|Butternut squash||2 Pound, peeled and cubed|
|Extra virgin olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
Calories 132 Calories from Fat 53
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g8.9%
Saturated Fat 0.42 g2.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 11.7 mg0.5%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.7%
Dietary Fiber 3.1 g12.3%
Sugars 7 g
Protein 2 g3.7%
Vitamin A 241.1% Vitamin C 46.9%
Calcium 7.2% Iron 5.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Peel the squash, cut into cubes and boil for 30 minutes.
3. Drain well and mash them; keep aside.
4. Cut the head of onions and ¾ inch from the tail end; save the bottom ends.
5. In a large baking dish, place the onions with the top end facing up.
6. Brush the onions with 2 tablespoon of olive oil and place with the tail end up.
7. Roast them in oven for 60 minutes, depending on the size until soft; pierce them with a paring knife.
8. In the meantime, chop the onion ends saved.
9. In a pan, heat remaining olive oil and sauté onion until nice and brown.
10. Mix the sautéed onion into the mashed butternut squash filling.
11. When the onions are roasted, carefully remove the outer skin and about 1-2 inch from the centre.
12. Fill the cavities with squash mixture.
13. Place the onions in a broiler for just a couple of minutes until the tops are just browned.
14. Serve Stuffed Roasted Onions hot with grilled fish.