- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Stuffed Roasted Bell Peppers Recipe
|Dried great northern beans/1/2 cups of canned white beans, drained and rinsed||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), picked over, rinsed, and soaked overnight|
|Pine nuts||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Red bell peppers||6 Medium, halved and roasted|
|Water||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Couscous||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), peeled and finely chopped|
|Tomatoes||2 Medium, diced|
|Fresh ears of corn/2 cups of frozen corn kernels, thawed||3 , kernels removed for ears|
|Cilantro||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Lime juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Avocado||1 Large, peeled, pitted, and cubed|
|Goat cheese||6 Ounce|
Calories 733 Calories from Fat 276
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 32 g49.4%
Saturated Fat 9.8 g48.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 29.8 mg
Sodium 191.2 mg8%
Total Carbohydrates 95 g31.6%
Dietary Fiber 17.5 g69.8%
Sugars 14.3 g
Protein 26 g52.5%
Vitamin A 107.6% Vitamin C 317.1%
Calcium 32.3% Iron 24.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 375Â°F.
2) In a large pot, place the dried beans.
3) Add enough water to cover the beans and bring to a boil.
4) Reduce the heat, and then simmer the beans until tender, for 45 minutes. Drain, cool, and keep the beans aside.
5) Meanwhile, in a small skillet, place the pine nuts over very low heat.
6) Toast them, tossing in between, until golden. Remove the pine nuts from the pan, and keep aside.
7) In a small saucepan, bring the water to a boil.
8) Add a dash of salt and the couscous, stirring the couscous well.
9) Bring to boil again.
10) Remove the pot from the heat and cover tightly.
11) Now, in a large skillet, heat the olive oil, over medium heat.
12) Add the garlic, and saute for a while.
13) To this, add the tomatoes, and saute them for a minute, stirring often.
14) To this, add the corn, and saute for 2 minutes, stirring often.
15) Add the cilantro and transfer to a large bowl.
16) To the bowl, add the lemon and lime juices.
17) Gradually stir in the pine nuts and cooked beans.
18) With a fork, fluff the couscous and add to the vegetable mixture.
19) Season with salt and pepper, and then add the avocado.
20) Stuff each pepper to half. On the top half, add goat cheese.
21) Bake the peppers in the oven, until the cheese melts and the filling becomes hot, for 10 minutes.
22) Transfer the baked peppers to serving platter and serve hot.