- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Stuffed Red Snapper Recipe
|Red snapper||5 Pound (1 In Number)|
|Soft butter||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped onions||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Dry bread crumbs||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Minced cucumber||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dried thyme||1 Teaspoon|
|Dry sherry||4 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3580 Calories from Fat 635
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 100 g153.2%
Saturated Fat 27.2 g135.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 903.7 mg
Sodium 4018.1 mg167.4%
Total Carbohydrates 188 g62.6%
Dietary Fiber 23.4 g93.7%
Sugars 23.4 g
Protein 489 g977%
Vitamin A 21.1% Vitamin C 31.4%
Calcium 162.1% Iron 142.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
2) When purchasing the fish, ask the merchant to bone the fish and prepare it for the stuffing.
3) Rub the insides of the fish with a seasoning of butter, salt and pepper.
4) In butter, sauté the onion and garlic till tender.
5) Season the vegetables with salt, pepper and thyme. Add some sherry to dampen the mixture.
6) Stuff the fish and use toothpicks to close the openings.
7) Salt and pepper the fish and bake it in a well-buttered dish in preheated oven for about 45 minutes or till the fish flakes when it is tasted with fork. Use pan juices to baste.
8) Serve hot.