- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Stuffed Red Peppers Recipe Video
|Sweet red peppers||1 Pound, divided (5 Sweet red peppers)|
|Meat substitute||12 Ounce (Yves Meatless Ground)|
|White rice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Water||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Sun dried tomatoes||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), minced|
|Chili sauce||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
Calories 671 Calories from Fat 30
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g5.5%
Saturated Fat 0.53 g2.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 251.4 mg10.5%
Total Carbohydrates 121 g40.3%
Dietary Fiber 20.9 g83.8%
Sugars 7.7 g
Protein 41 g82.4%
Vitamin A 74.2% Vitamin C 249.5%
Calcium 20.6% Iron 72%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Chop 1 red bell pepper and set aside.
2. Remove top portion of remaining peppers, membrane and seeds; set aside.
3. In a steamer pour in 1 cup of water and place chopped red bell peppers.
4. Top the bell peppers with a container and add in the rice, pour in 2 cups of water.
5. Cover the steamer with the lid and set the timer. Cook for 35 minutes.
6. Take out the steamed pepper and chop.
7. In a medium bowl combine rice, meatless ground, chopped pepper, minced garlic, sun dried tomatoes and chili sauce; mix well.
8. Scoop rice mixture into prepared peppers and set aside.
9. In a slow cooker pour in the remaining water and place the peppers in the insert in an upright position. Cover and cook on high for 150 minutes.
10. Serve Stuffed Peppers with garlic bread.