- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Lindsey's Stuffed Red Bell Peppers Recipe Video
|Red bell pepper||4|
|Lean ground turkey||10 Ounce|
|Brown rice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Yellow onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), chopped|
|Parsley||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Oregano||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Tomato paste||2 Ounce|
|Ground cumin||2 Teaspoon|
|Cayenne pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1 Pinch|
|Vegetable stock/Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
Calories 571 Calories from Fat 110
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g19.4%
Saturated Fat 2.8 g14%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 50 mg16.7%
Sodium 549.8 mg22.9%
Total Carbohydrates 90 g30.1%
Dietary Fiber 10.3 g41.4%
Sugars 7.4 g
Protein 23 g46.4%
Vitamin A 106.5% Vitamin C 297.7%
Calcium 18.9% Iron 38.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Chop the top of the bell pepper and core the seeds and white membrane.
3. In a large bowl, mix together lean ground turkey, brown rice, olive oil, yellow onion, garlic, parsley, oregano, tomato paste, ground cumin, cayenne pepper, salt and black pepper.
4. Stuff the rice mixture into the bell peppers and place in a baking dish with the top side facing up.
5. Now fill the baking dish with the vegetable stock or water.
6. Cover the dish with an aluminum foil and seal the edges by folding.
7. Bake in preheated oven for 60 minutes or until the rice is cooked through.
8. Serve individual stuffed bell pepper for single serving size with salad.