- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Stuffed Red Beets Recipe
|Nonfat yogurt||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Celery||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), minced|
|Almonds||2 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Dried thyme||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Beets||4 Large, cooked|
Calories 269 Calories from Fat 71
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.7%
Saturated Fat 0.95 g4.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0.56 mg
Sodium 342.3 mg14.3%
Total Carbohydrates 43 g14.4%
Dietary Fiber 12.4 g49.7%
Sugars 29.7 g
Protein 10 g19.7%
Vitamin A 3.8% Vitamin C 35.5%
Calcium 15.2% Iron 22%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Keep a cheese cloth or a coffee filter over a strainer.
2) Place it over a bowl.
3) Fill yogurt into it and allow to drain for 30 minutes.
4) Pour it in a medium bowl.
5) Add celery, almonds, oil, lemon juice, garlic, and thyme.
6) With a melon scoop or small spoon, scoop out the centers from the beets, leaving a 1/4-inch shell.
7) Reserve the shells.
8) Deice the scooped part of the beets.
9) Combine to the yogurt mixture.
10) Fill the mixture into the beet shells.
11) Serve immediately.