- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
How to Make Potato Skin Bites Recipe Video
|Red potatoes||20 , petite|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon (as needed)|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|Italian sausage||9 Ounce|
|Monterey jack cheese||4 Ounce|
|Green onion||1 , sliced on a diagonal (for garnish)|
Calories 97 Calories from Fat 30
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g5.4%
Saturated Fat 1.3 g6.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 8 mg
Sodium 66.3 mg2.8%
Total Carbohydrates 14 g4.6%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.3%
Sugars 0.6 g
Protein 3 g6.6%
Vitamin A 1.3% Vitamin C 24%
Calcium 3.1% Iron 3.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 425 degree F.
2. On a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil, place potato, drizzle olive oil and generously sprinkle salt and pepper .
3. Roll the potatoes around to season well and place in the oven. Cook for 30 minutes or until fork tender.
4. Meanwhile, in a medium skillet over medium-high heat, cook the sausage for about 8-10 minutes or until cooked through. Place on a plate lined with paper towels and set aside.
5. Once potatoes are fork tender take them out of the oven and allow them to cool for easy handling. Then slice the potatoes in half, and with a melon baller spoon scoop out the center of the potato, leaving some around the edges.
6. Fill the potatoes with sausage and top with cheese.
7. Place back onto the baking sheet and pop in oven for another 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
8. Place a green onion slice on each potato.
9. Serve with sour cream and enjoy!