- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spicy Stuffed Pork Tenderloin Recipe Video
|Pork tenderloin||2 , trimmed|
|Dried figs||1 Cup (16 tbs), coarsely chopped (Black Mission Variety)|
|Blue cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), crumbled|
|Black pepper||1 Teaspoon, freshly ground|
|Garlic||5 Tablespoon (Mild Ones)|
|Apricot jam||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 5670 Calories from Fat 1475
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 164 g252.2%
Saturated Fat 59.3 g296.6%
Trans Fat 1.5 g
Cholesterol 2768.5 mg922.8%
Sodium 3879.4 mg161.6%
Total Carbohydrates 115 g38.4%
Dietary Fiber 9.1 g36.4%
Sugars 84.4 g
Protein 883 g1766.7%
Vitamin A 11.2% Vitamin C 23.9%
Calcium 73.4% Iron 244.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Butterfly tenderloin lengthwise and lay out flat.
2. Preheat oven at 450˚F.
3. Pound to tenderize and sprinkle the garlic, figs, seasonings and blue cheese over pork, leaving a 1/2" border around outside edges.
4. Roll up the pork and secure at 2" intervals with twine.
5. Lightly brush each tenderloin with oil and season with pepper.
6. Place 3/4 chimney full of briquettes on cooking table and place an oiled 14" camp oven over the coals to preheat.
7. Sear both tenderloins for a few minutes to seal the meat.
8. Bake for 15-20 minutes (One ring of coals under the oven & two rings of coals on the lid)
9. Brush melted jam over the pork and continue to bake until a thermometer registers 155˚-160˚ and cook for 5-10 more minutes.
Let stand at least 10 minutes before removing.
10. Serve sliced.