- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Stuffed Pork Chops Recipe
|Pork chops||4 (1-Inch Thick, With Pocket)|
|Whole egg||1 , beaten|
|Dry seasoned bread crumbs||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Onion||2 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Herb seasoned stuffing mix||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Apple juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Salt||1⁄8 Teaspoon (Or To Taste)|
|Pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon (Or To Taste)|
Calories 352 Calories from Fat 162
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g28.1%
Saturated Fat 7.8 g38.9%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 147.3 mg
Sodium 359.5 mg15%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g6.2%
Dietary Fiber 1.2 g4.6%
Sugars 7.1 g
Protein 27 g54.7%
Vitamin A 5.5% Vitamin C 1.6%
Calcium 6.4% Iron 10.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a small (1-quart) microwaveable casserole, combine onion and butter.
2. Cover dish with lid or plastic wrap.
3. Microwave at HIGH for 3 minutes until onion is limp.
4. Stir in remaining stuffing ingredients.
5. Divide the stuffing equally between the chops, filling it loosely into each pocket.
6. To bread the chops, dip each in beaten egg, allowing the excess to drip back into the bowl.
7. Place in breadcrumbs, turning and pressing to coat with an even layer of bread crumbs.
8. Arrange the chops in a large microwave proof baking dish.
9. Cover the dish with plastic wrap and prick in one or two places to allow the steam to escape.
10. Place in the microwave at level 3 for about 30 minutes, turning them once, until pork is tender and coating is golden brown.
11. Serve the chops with a sauce of your choice and accompany with potatoes and a salad if you like.