- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Celery & Pepper Stuffed Pork Chops Recipe
|Thinly sliced celery||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Finely chopped onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Seasoned croutons||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Beef broth/Water||10 Tablespoon|
|Pork chops||1 3⁄4 Pound (4 Rib Cut, 3/4 Inch Thick)|
|Browning sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Adjust Quantity As Needed)|
Calories 465 Calories from Fat 234
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g40.3%
Saturated Fat 10.4 g52.2%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 153.9 mg
Sodium 440.3 mg18.3%
Total Carbohydrates 11 g3.8%
Dietary Fiber 0.91 g3.7%
Sugars 3.1 g
Protein 43 g86.2%
Vitamin A 4.8% Vitamin C 1.6%
Calcium 5.8% Iron 9.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Cut pocket in each chop for stuffing.
2. Season with pepper.
3. In an 8-inch square baking dish, heat butter on High for 1 to 2 minutes.
4. Stir in celery and onion.
5. Cook on High for 3 to 4 minutes until celery and onion are tender; stir occasionally.
6. In a mixing bowl, combine celery, onion, croutons and 6 tablespoons broth; stirring until broth is absorbed.
7. Stuff the cut chops with crouton mixture.
8. Prick a wooden toothpick to secure.
9. In the same baking dish, arrange chops ribs with end towards center.
10. Pour remaining broth.
11. Brush chops with browning sauce mixed with a little water.
12. Cover the dish.
13. Heat at High for 9 to 10 minutes until chops are tender; turn chops over once.
14. Let it stand covered for 5 minutes before serving.