- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Stuffed Pitas Recipe
|Canned butter beans||410 Gram, drained|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Light garlic and herb cheese||125 Gram|
|Wholemeal pita bread||6|
|Cherry tomatoes||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), halved (Use A Handful)|
|Cucumber piece||2 Inch, cut into strips|
Calories 452 Calories from Fat 159
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g27.5%
Saturated Fat 5.2 g25.9%
Trans Fat 0.6 g
Cholesterol 19.8 mg
Sodium 746.3 mg31.1%
Total Carbohydrates 54 g18.1%
Dietary Fiber 10.5 g42%
Sugars 5.4 g
Protein 18 g36.1%
Vitamin A 7.7% Vitamin C 9.9%
Calcium 20.9% Iron 10.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Take a food processor bowl and add lemon juice and oil to the beans.
2) Process until it becomes a smooth paste.
3) Season according to taste.
4) Add some garlic cheese and blend once again until smooth.
5) Toast each pitta on a toaster for ½ a minute.
6) Remove and split them into two.
7) Add some filling to each half of pitta.
8) Add cucumbers and tomatoes to them.
9) Serve as required.