- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Stuffed Pita Scramble Recipe
|Zucchini||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sliced|
|Onion||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Ham/Skinned and boned roast turkey, cubed||2 Ounce, boiled|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Cheddar cheese/Swiss cheese||1 Ounce, shredded|
|Pita bread||1 Ounce|
Calories 199 Calories from Fat 93
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g16.2%
Saturated Fat 4.5 g22.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 140.2 mg
Sodium 220.6 mg9.2%
Total Carbohydrates 11 g3.8%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.4%
Sugars 1.8 g
Protein 15 g29.8%
Vitamin A 10.8% Vitamin C 13.8%
Calcium 14.2% Iron 6.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a 8 inch non-stick skillet, saute the zucchini and onion in the margarine over a medium for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring constantly, until the zucchini is tender.
2) Stir in the ham (or turkey), stir constantly and cook for about 1 minute until thoroughly heated.
3) Stir in the egg and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring frequently until the egg is just set.
4) Stir in the cheese and cook until cheese melts.
5) Halve pita in crosswise forming 2 pockets, stuff each pocket with half of the egg mixture and 1 tomato slice.
6) Serve immediately on individual serving plates.