- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Stuffed Onions with Pine Nuts Recipe
|Onions||4 Medium, peeled|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), peeled and crushed|
|White breadcrumbs||2 Tablespoon|
|Sultanas||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Pine nuts||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Low fat hard cheese||2 Ounce, grated (50 Gram Such As Edam)|
|Chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Egg||1 Medium, beaten|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1012 Calories from Fat 319
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 37 g56.9%
Saturated Fat 9.8 g49.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 221.8 mg
Sodium 1253.8 mg52.2%
Total Carbohydrates 142 g47.3%
Dietary Fiber 19.1 g76.4%
Sugars 58 g
Protein 40 g79.3%
Vitamin A 62.1% Vitamin C 175.6%
Calcium 68.7% Iron 52.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Drain well. Allow the onions to cool, then slice each one in half horizontally.
3. Scoop out most of the onion flesh but leave a reasonably firm shell.
4. Chop up 4 tablespoons of the onion flesh and place in a bowl with the crushed garlic, breadcrumbs, sultanas, pine nuts, grated cheese and parsley.
5. Mix the breadcrumb mixture together thoroughly. Bind together with as much of the beaten egg as necessary to make a firm filling. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
6. Pile the mixture back into the onion shells and top with the grated cheese. Place on a oiled baking tray and cook in the preheated oven for 20-30 minutes or until golden brown. Serve immediately with the salad leaves.