- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Bacon & Oregano Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe
|Mushrooms||32 Small, cleaned|
|Bacon slices||4 , chopped|
|Onion||1 Small, finely chopped|
|Bread crumbs||50 Milliliter|
|Parmesan cheese||25 Milliliter, grated|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 391 Calories from Fat 110
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g19.4%
Saturated Fat 5.8 g29.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 23.9 mg
Sodium 894.9 mg37.3%
Total Carbohydrates 49 g16.3%
Dietary Fiber 6.9 g27.7%
Sugars 12.9 g
Protein 26 g51.9%
Vitamin A 3.4% Vitamin C 27.2%
Calcium 42.5% Iron 24.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Remove the stems from the mushrooms and chop the stems to make 1/2 cup.
2. In a round dish, place bacon, onion and bread crumbs.
3. Place this dish in the microwave and cook for 4-5 minutes at High until the bacon is crisp and onion is tender, stirring occasionally.
4. Drain the bacon.
5. In another bowl, mix the bacon, onion, chopped mushroom, breadcrumbs, cheese, oregano and pepper together.
6. Stuff each mushroom cap with this filling.
7. In the baking dish, arrange 16 mushrooms.
8. Place the plate in the microwave and cook for 4-5 minutes at High, until mushrooms are tender.
9. Repeat with the other mushrooms.
10. Serve hot.