- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Stuffed Mushroom Spinach Pizza Recipe
|Mushrooms||4 Ounce, coarsely chopped to make 1 cup|
|Fresh parmesan cheese||1 1⁄2 Ounce, grated, divided (1/4 Cup Plus 2 Tablespoons)|
|Frozen chopped spinach package||10 Ounce, thawed and well drained (1 Package)|
|Pizza sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), pressed|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Refrigerated pizza crust||10 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Shredded mozzarella cheese||8 Ounce, divided (2 Cups)|
|Plum tomatoes||2 , thinly sliced|
Calories 485 Calories from Fat 141
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g34.2%
Saturated Fat 10.5 g52.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 52.3 mg
Sodium 865.7 mg36.1%
Total Carbohydrates 48 g16%
Dietary Fiber 6.2 g24.7%
Sugars 2.8 g
Protein 24 g47.2%
Vitamin A 146.7% Vitamin C 41.6%
Calcium 92.5% Iron 36%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, combine mushrooms, 1/4 cup of the Parmesan cheese, spinach, garlic, pizza sauce and seasonings.
3. Keep the bowl aside.
4. On a flour dusted work surface, roll out pizza dough into a 14-inch x 10-inch rectangle
5. Fit the dough into a pizza pan, to cover the base and sides of the tin.
6. Cover the base of the dough with 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese.
7. Spread the prepared spinach mixture over the cheese and top again with remaining mozzarella and the tomatoes.
8. Make a cut in the dough at each corner of the baker, up to edge.
9. Bring sides together at center to cover the pizza. Press and twist to secure.
10. Sprinkle the remaining 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese over the dough.
11. Place the pan on the middle level of the preheated oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes until the pastry is golden brown and the cheese is oozing out.
12. Remove pan from oven and cool slightly
13. Serve from the pan.
14. Use a pizza sliced to cut and serve the pizza.