- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Stuffed Mini Peppers Recipe
|Peppers||8 Small (Or Mini Sized)|
|Tomato sauce||2 Tablespoon (Preferably Homemade)|
|Greek yogurt||1 Cup (16 tbs) (To Serve:)|
|Soft goat cheese||4 Ounce (125 Grams, Fresh)|
|For the stuffing:|
|Cheese||4 Ounce (125 Gram)|
|Ricotta||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Chopped fresh mint||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon, chopped (For Stuffing)|
Calories 254 Calories from Fat 152
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g26.6%
Saturated Fat 11.3 g56.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 50 mg
Sodium 411.6 mg17.2%
Total Carbohydrates 5 g1.7%
Dietary Fiber 0.57 g2.3%
Sugars 3.3 g
Protein 20 g39%
Vitamin A 18.4% Vitamin C 4.6%
Calcium 35.9% Iron 6.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. To make the stuffing in a large bowl combine the goat's cheese, ricotta and mint.
2. Stir in the chili optionally and season as per taste with salt and pepper.
3. Slit a little along the side of each pepper, scrape out the seeds and core with a teaspoon, keeping the pepper shells intact.
4. Stuff each pepper half, take care to not fill them completely or they may burst during cooking.
5. On an oiled barbecue grill over moderately hot coals cook the filled peppers for about 10-15 minutes, turning the peppers occasionally such that softened.
6. On each plate, place 2 of the filled peppers and serve with a tomato sauce and Greek yogurt.