- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Stuffed Leg Of Pork Recipe
|Pork leg||1 (Fresh Ham)|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), minced|
|Black pepper||3⁄4 Teaspoon, freshly ground|
|Ground coriander||1 Teaspoon|
|Shrimp paste/Anchovy paste||1 Teaspoon|
|Soy sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Beef broth||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Lemon||1 , quartered|
|Dried ground chili peppers||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 602 Calories from Fat 358
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 40 g61.5%
Saturated Fat 14.2 g70.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1939.4 mg80.8%
Total Carbohydrates 7 g2.3%
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g6.1%
Sugars 0.1 g
Protein 52 g105%
Vitamin A 0.2% Vitamin C 17.4%
Calcium 4% Iron 6.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Ask the butcher to bone the pork joint as much as possible and remove a little of the meat to make a pocket in the joint.
2. Chop this extra meat into a fine paste.
3. Wash and scrape the joint to remove all excess grist and fat.
4. In a large saucepan, mix the garlic, pepper, coriander, shrimp paste or anchovy paste, and soy sauce.
5. Use this mixture as a marinade and as a stuffing. Close the opening of the pork roast with aluminum foil.
6. Rub the salt into the pork joint
7. In a large Dutch oven, place the oil and heat it gently
8. Add the meat to the hot oil and brown well
9. Add the broth, lemon, and chili peppers to the pan and cover and simmer on low heat for 3 hours till the joint is tender and cooked through.
10. Remove the joint on to a serving platter
11. Strain the gravy in the pan and thicken if required with water diluted cornstarch.
12. Slice the pork and serve the gravy in a sauceboat.