- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Stuffed Lamb Breasts Recipe
|Chopped onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Bread cubes||6 Cup (96 tbs), with crust removed|
|Chopped pepperoni||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Parsley/1 1/2 tablespoons dried parsley||3 Tablespoon|
|Dried sweet basil||1 Teaspoon|
|Eggs||3 , well beaten|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lamb breast||2 (With Pockets)|
|Brown sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3973 Calories from Fat 1987
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 221 g340%
Saturated Fat 96.8 g484.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 692 mg
Sodium 4419.5 mg184.1%
Total Carbohydrates 191 g63.6%
Dietary Fiber 11.8 g47%
Sugars 26.8 g
Protein 300 g599.9%
Vitamin A 102.1% Vitamin C 114.7%
Calcium 80.2% Iron 100.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. In large bowl, combine bread, onion, pepperoni, parsley, sweet basil, salt, pepper, and bacon. Toss lightly until well mixed.
3. In small bowl, mix beaten eggs and milk; then add to bread mixture and toss lightly until well mixed. Spoon half of stuffing into each lamb breast; then close opening with skewers. Place lamb breasts on rack in shallow roasting pan. Sprinkle lightly with additional salt and pepper.
4. Roast in a 350°F oven 15 minutes. Meanwhile make Brown Sauce. Generously baste lamb with Brown Sauce and continue to roast for 2 hours longer, or until lamb breasts are tender, basting lamb with Brown Sauce about every 15 minutes.
5. Remove lamb to heated platter. Skim fat from pan juice; stir in cornstarch dissolved in water. Cook over medium heat, stirring continuously, until thickened, adding more water if needed.
6. Carve lamb into slices and serve with pan gravy.