- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Stuffed Ham Roll Recipe
|Shallot||1 , chopped|
|Pre soaked dried apricots||1 Ounce, chopped (25 Gram)|
|Whole wheat breadcrumbs||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped rosemary||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ham steak||7 Ounce, unsmoked (200 Gram)|
|Rosemary sprig||1 (For Garnish)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 605 Calories from Fat 167
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g29%
Saturated Fat 3.7 g18.3%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 136.9 mg
Sodium 163.3 mg6.8%
Total Carbohydrates 61 g20.4%
Dietary Fiber 9.4 g37.5%
Sugars 29.7 g
Protein 51 g101.5%
Vitamin A 36.2% Vitamin C 124.7%
Calcium 14.3% Iron 15.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Finely grate the rind of half the orange. Cut the orange in half, squeeze the juice from one half, reserve the other half. Mix 1 tablespoon of the orange juice and all the grated rind into the apricot mixture. Season with a little pepper.
3. Place the stuffing along the centre of the ham steak, roll the ham round the stuffing and secure with a cocktail stick or skewer.
4. Place in a flameproof dish and pour over the remaining orange juice. Cook under a broiler for about 10 minutes, turning occasionally.
5. Meanwhile, remove the peel and pith from the reserved orange half, then cut into slices.
6. Transfer the ham to a warmed serving plate, remove the cocktail stick and pour over any orange juice from the dish. Garnish with the orange slices and rosemary and serve with vegetables or salad.