- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Anchovy & Caper Stuffed Green Peppers Recipe
|Breadcrumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Tomatoes||2 Large, peeled seeded and chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
Calories 176 Calories from Fat 52
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.1%
Saturated Fat 1 g5.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 15 mg
Sodium 246.4 mg10.3%
Total Carbohydrates 24 g8%
Dietary Fiber 5.3 g21%
Sugars 9.4 g
Protein 9 g18.4%
Vitamin A 32.9% Vitamin C 238.6%
Calcium 11.7% Iron 13.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Remove the stalk, tops and seeds of peppers.
2. In a pan fry the onions and garlic, add the tomatoes, capers, olives, parsley and chopped anchovies.
3. Mix in the breadcrumbs and season with salt & pepper.
4. Fill each green pepper with that much of the mixture it can hold.
5. In a shallow pan, fry the green peppers in oil until done on all sides.
6. Lowering the flame, simmer and turn occasionally till the peppers are golden brown.
7. Serve the peppers hot or cold or as desired.
Do not use too much salt when frying the anchovies because the anchovies are salty.