- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Stuffed Flank Steak Recipe
|Chopped onion||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Hard-cooked eggs||2 , chopped|
|Dairy sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Herb flavored stuffing||2 Cup (32 tbs) (1 Package)|
|Hot water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Meat tenderizer||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3128 Calories from Fat 1114
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 137 g210.1%
Saturated Fat 59.3 g296.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 943 mg
Sodium 5095.7 mg212.3%
Total Carbohydrates 330 g110%
Dietary Fiber 25.1 g100.4%
Sugars 36.2 g
Protein 104 g208.2%
Vitamin A 59.7% Vitamin C 10%
Calcium 132.7% Iron 157%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Add onions and cook until tender but not browned.
3. Remove skillet from heat and scrape onions into a mixing bowl. Add chopped eggs, 1/4 cup of the sour cream, stuffing, water and beaten egg. Mix well.
4. Pound steak with the back of a cleaver or the edge of a saucer on both sides, until it is a thin rectangle. Use tenderizer accor-ing to package directions.
5. Spread stuffing mixture over meat. Roll up as for a jelly roll. Tie every 3 to 4 inches with stout cord or secure with skewers.
6. Melt fat in skillet over medium-high heat. Place flank steak in skillet and brown well on all sides.
7. Add 1/2 cup hot water.
8. Cover with vac-control valve closed. Lower heat and simmer about 1 1/2 hours or until meat is tender.
9. Remove meat to a hot serving platter. Measure drippings in pan and add enough water to make 1/2 cup liquid. Return to pan. Stir in remaining sour cream and heat but do not boil.
10. Cut flank steak in crosswise slices and serve with hot sauce.