- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Stuffed Eggs in Wine Sauce Recipe
|Eggs||8 , hard-boiled, halved lengthwise, the yolks separated from the whites 2 egg yolks|
|Chopped fresh parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Scallion||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Mixed spices||To Taste|
|Grated nutmeg||To Taste|
|Fresh bread crumbs||2 Cup (32 tbs), soaked in 1/2 cup heavy cream|
|Butter||8 Tablespoon, softened|
|For wine sauce|
|Red wine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lean ham||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), diced, cooked|
|Onion||1 Small, finely chopped|
|Shallots||2 , finely chopped|
|Stock||1 Cup (16 tbs), simmered, uncovered, until it is reduced by half|
|Truffle||1 , sliced|
Calories 835 Calories from Fat 511
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 57 g88.2%
Saturated Fat 31.1 g155.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 388.6 mg
Sodium 635.6 mg26.5%
Total Carbohydrates 54 g17.9%
Dietary Fiber 3.2 g12.6%
Sugars 35.2 g
Protein 19 g38.1%
Vitamin A 34.8% Vitamin C 11%
Calcium 21.2% Iron 20.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 325° F (170° C).
2) In a saucepan, saute the ham, onion and shallots in half of the butter in a saucepan.
3) Stir in the wine and simmer until the liquid is reduced by half in volume.
4) In another pan, melt rest of the butter and stir in the flour to make a roux.
5) Force the reduced wine mixture through a sieve into the roux, stir continuously to smoothen the sauce.
6) Stir in the reduced stock, then simmer the sauce over a very low heat, for about 15 minutes, until it is lightly thickened.
7) Grind the parsley, onion, salt, pepper, mixed spices and nutmeg to taste, into a paste.
8) Then grind in the hard-boiled and raw egg yolks, bread crumbs and butter; then press this paste through a sieve.
9) Stuff about half of the egg whites with the mixture, mounding up to shape like whole eggs.
10) In a buttered shallow gratin dish, spread rest of stuffing, and place the stuffed eggs on top.
11) Bake in the preheated oven for about 15 minutes, or until the top is lightly browned.
12) Stir in the sliced truffle into the sauce and serve very hot.
13) Serve the Stuffed Eggs in Wine Sauce, immediately on individual serving plates.