- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Stuffed Eggs Recipe
|Hard cooked eggs||6|
|Round crackers/Toasted bread rounds||12 Small|
|Butter||1 Tablespoon (For Spreading)|
|Stuffing||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Of Your Choice, Or Use As Required)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2167 Calories from Fat 908
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 102 g156.4%
Saturated Fat 33 g165.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1482.5 mg
Sodium 3630.4 mg151.3%
Total Carbohydrates 243 g81%
Dietary Fiber 15.8 g63.3%
Sugars 21.2 g
Protein 71 g141.1%
Vitamin A 57.8% Vitamin C 2%
Calcium 21.4% Iron 52.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Cut eggs in half across center.
3. Remove yolks without damaging halved whites.
4. Put yolks in a bowl (for making stuffing).
5. Butter crackers or toast on one side.
6. When egg white halves have been stuffed, stand them on buttered crackers or toast with stuffed sides uppermost.
1. Soak 8 drained, canned anchovy fillets in a little milk for 15 minutes.
2. Drain, discarding milk.
3. Mince fillets or chop finely with 8 drained capers.
4. Mash egg yolks to a paste with 1 tablespoon softened butter and the anchovies and capers.
5. Fill into the egg white halves. Herb Stuffing
1. Mash egg yolks.
2. Blend in 2 tablespoons mayonnaise, 2 tablespoons softened butter and 1 tablespoon each minced chives and fresh minced herbs (thyme, marjoram, tarragon or parsley).
3. Blend in 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt, a few grains of chili powder and 1 teaspoon lemon juice. When fully blended, pile mixture into egg white halves.
1. Mash egg yolks with 3 tablespoons butter, 1 1/2 tablespoons mayonnaise and 3/4 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce.
2. Mix in 1 1/2 oz (40 g) minced cooked ham.
3. Fill stuffing into egg white halves.