- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Stuffed Eggplants Or Mirleton Or Squash Recipe
|Soft bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Large, finely chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Black pepper||1 Dash|
|Egg||1 , well beaten|
|Parsley||1 Teaspoon, chopped|
|Chopped parsley||1 Teaspoon|
|Thyme sprig||1 Small|
|Bread crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), buttered|
|Buttered bread crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 220 Calories from Fat 100
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g17.5%
Saturated Fat 6.4 g31.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 77.1 mg
Sodium 383.5 mg16%
Total Carbohydrates 27 g8.9%
Dietary Fiber 7.8 g31.4%
Sugars 8.3 g
Protein 6 g11.5%
Vitamin A 10.4% Vitamin C 20.8%
Calcium 7.5% Iron 9.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In salted water simmer eggplants, mirlitons, or squash such that tender.
2. Cutting each in half, remove seeds from mirlitons and squash and carefully spoon out pulp.
3. Chop pulp and add bread crumbs.
4. In a pan, saute' onion and garlic over medium heat in butter such that tender for about 5 minutes.
5. Stirring in pulp, salt and pepper continue cooking for more 5 minutes with frequent stirring.
6. Let it cool add egg, parsley, and thyme and mix thoroughly.
7. If desired fill vegetable shells and sprinkle top with buttered crumbs.
8. Bake in 375 degree F. oven for 25 minutes.
9. Serve hot with desired garnish.