- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Stuffed Eggplant Recipe
|Chopped onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped green pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Margarine||2 Tablespoon, melted|
|Shredded cheddar cheese||4 Ounce (1 Cup)|
|Chopped ripe olives||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Soft breadcrumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1050 Calories from Fat 712
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 81 g125.1%
Saturated Fat 31.4 g157.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 121.5 mg
Sodium 2961.3 mg123.4%
Total Carbohydrates 52 g17.4%
Dietary Fiber 20.2 g80.6%
Sugars 13.4 g
Protein 32 g64.6%
Vitamin A 72.8% Vitamin C 70.7%
Calcium 105.7% Iron 43.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 375 degrees.
2) Wash the eggplant properly and cut in into half, lengthwise.
3) In a small amount of boiling water, cook the eggplant, covered, for about 10 minutes.
4) Drain and remove the pulp, leaving a shell measuring ½-inch.
5) Chop the pulp and set it aside.
6) In margarine, sauté the onion and green pepper till they have tendered.
7) Add in the chopped eggplant, cheese, salt and pepper to taste and olive. Mix the concoction lightly.
8) Fill the eggplant shells with the mixture and top with breadcrumbs and bake in preheated oven for about 30 minutes.
9) Serve hot.