- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Ringan Ravaiya or Baingan Kalonji - Bharela Baingan Masala- Stuffed Baby Eggplant Recipe Video
|Gram flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Peanuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), crushed|
|Garlic paste||2 Teaspoon|
|Ginger paste||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Turmeric powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Red chili powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Coriander powder||4 Teaspoon|
|Cumin powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (According to taste)|
|Brown sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Oil||3 1⁄2 Tablespoon, divided (2 1/2 tablespoons for the stuffing and 1 tablespoon for the cooking)|
|Asafoetida||1 Pinch (Optional)|
|Eggplants||6 Small (Each about 7-inches long)|
|Potatoes||4 Medium, cut into wedges (Optional)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Use as required to cook)|
|Fresh cilantro||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs), chopped|
|Garam masala||1 Teaspoon (Optional)|
Calories 518 Calories from Fat 183
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g32.3%
Saturated Fat 2.7 g13.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 574.6 mg23.9%
Total Carbohydrates 80 g26.7%
Dietary Fiber 26.2 g104.9%
Sugars 22.3 g
Protein 14 g28.1%
Vitamin A 12.6% Vitamin C 83.4%
Calcium 14.1% Iron 26.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will Need1. Pressure cooker
1. Take the brinjals, slit each of them lengthwise into four, without cutting all the way through. Soak in some water and set aside.
2. Take a bowl and mix together the crushed peanuts and the gram flour.
3. Add the ginger and garlic paste, turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, salt and brown sugar. Mix well.
4. Add the oil, asafoetida and mix. Stuff each of the slit brinjals with the prepared mix.
5. Take a pressure cooker/open pot with some oil, heat it and place the stuffed brinjal pieces into them.
6. Smear the left over masala mix on the cut potato wedges. Add some water and let it cook.
7. Once cooked, add some freshly chopped cilantro to garnish.
8. Serve warm with roti, paratha or rice or even khichdi.
Frozen/fresh green peas can be added optionally along with the potato wedges.